The top 5 skills to look for at Citrix, VMware, Windows, SCCM, and SCOM
The Microsoft Server Administrator position will be responsible for day-to-day support of Microsoft Windows servers environment.
This is not an entry level IT position. Prior Microsoft server administration experience is required.
The position will also require occasional weekend work as part of a formal change control process and occasional after hours work to respond to any issues. An oncall rotation is also expected from this position.
- The position will require the ability to rack and install servers as needed.
- Prior experience in administering, building, designing, and maintaining VMWare ESX/ESXi/Server/Workstation.
- Prior experience in administering, building, and maintaining Microsoft Windows 200x server with clustering.
- Prior experience in administering, building, designing, and maintaining Citrix environments.
- Prior experience in administering, building, designing, and maintaining Active Directory, LDAP and ADAM.
- Create, design, and maintain a Disaster Recovery testing process for all needed environments.
- Prior experience in supporting an enterprise monitoring solution; MOM/SCOM.
- Prior experience in application deployments and patch installation using SMS/SCCM/WSUS.